Friday, September 17, 2010

What is a wEP knob, and how do I find it.?

I am trying to use a laptop computer next to my office wireless modem. Laptop is asking for my WEP or WPA switch. How do I find that?


Answer:

-What is a WEP key?

A WEP (Wired Equivalent Privacy) switch is used as a security gauge to protect your privacy, primarily on wireless networks. They are encrypted keys usually made up of 64 or 128 bits.

-How do I find that?

Your introduce yourself administrator can issue a WEP key. If this is your own grating, there should be a process for your router to generate keys for you.

More reading roughly speaking the subject and its iterations can be found in the correlation I provided.
You should have written it down. I would ask a boss if this is at work. If at home, try to move about on your first computer which should be the network admin. Type your routers ip address. I believe it is other 192.168.1.0, but it may be different and the wep push button should be some where in that.
It should be on the main router contained by your office. The laptop is asking because you are trying to access a secured see. Its like a password for a meet people (a series of numbers and/or letters). Ask a supervisor or someone who may know where the crucial router is or what the WEP key is.
you should ask the gridiron admin what the key is.



or, you can rest a wep key using an app call airsnort, it will crack the key, or so i've hear.



you'll have to poke about for it, but tools like this are out within.

No comments:

Post a Comment